… Nope, it’s just me.
Hello everyone, nice to (re)make your acquaintance. Sorry that I’ve been absent for a long time. I’m also sorry that I tricked you into coming to this post by suggesting the Backstreet Boys were making yet another reunion. No apologies for you being here though *hugs*. So why have I been digitally absent for so long? I had a big personal challenge to conquer that left me unable to concentrate on blogging. I promise in the future I’m going to be better in that department. After all, when I blog I find that the pieces come together in my mind and leave me feeling like I understand things more clearly than before.
What’s happened in the world since I’ve been absent (abandoned you all)?
- I worked my socks off studying for the DELF B2 exam, which I then passed :D.
- I booked tickets to the Philippines for a month-long holiday. I then forgot that I might need booster vaccinations before I go.
- I visited the beautiful Lac du Salagou (lake) twice, La Grotte Des Demoiselles (limestone caves) and Sète for a third time.
- I made new friends along the way :D, and had my first visit from a friend from abroad.
- I won tickets to spend a day at a tennis tournament in Montpellier!
- I’ve watched SO MANY Youtube videos and read just as many blogs on language learning and polyglots from the experts themselves.
- I’ve been posting a lot on Instagram which percolate through to Twitter and Facebook. Check them out if you haven’t already
I’ll be writing posts in the comings days/weeks on some of the above topics, including a series on how to study for the DELF B2 exam.
I’d like to recognise some of the losses that the world has felt in the last couple of months:
- We lost heroes: namely David Bowie, Alan Rickman, Johan Cruyff, and Ronnie Corbett to name a few.
- Families lost their own heroes in terrorist attacks in Brussels, in Turkey and many others.
- Fiji suffered at the hands of Cyclone Winston. I hope it recovers as soon as possible as it’s a beautiful country and culture.
My thoughts are with them all. Never take life for granted!
Arsenal have banjaxed their best chance in a decade to win the Premier League. :(. Oh well, we can’t have everything eh?
See you all soon!